Springtime Allergies Making You Miserable? These Tips Can Help
It’s that time of year – spring! And with the coming of spring means the coming of allergy season for so many.
If you’re already feeling the symptoms – itchy red eyes, congestion, headaches and the like – we are here to help. Read below for allergy survival tips, as well as some treatments and products we can offer to ease your discomfort.
Springtime Allergy Survival Tips
- Keep your car’s ventilation system on recirculate. This will help prevent some of the outdoor allergens like pollen from entering the car. If your car has a pollen/dust filter, make sure to change it at the beginning or end of each season.
- Change all your in-home furnace filters to HEPA filters, and change them often during pollen/allergy season.
- Purchase a home HEPA filter, and leave it running constantly during allergy season.
- Consider trying Ashburn Family Chiropractic’s Standard Process Purification and Cleansing Program, to help detoxify your body and rid it of as many allergens as possible, and relieve many of your symptoms.
Recommended Products For Every Kind of Allergy Sufferer
Mild to Moderate Allergies:
- Allerplex: Helps relieve most mild allergy symptoms and reactions. Adults can take 2 capsules up to 4 times per day, and children and adolescents can take half-doses.
- Antronex: This beef liver extract may support the body’s natural ability to remove excess histamine. Adults can take 1-2 capsules up to 6 times a day. Children can take quarter-doses, young adolescents half-doses.
- Epimune Complex: This vegetarian supplement containing carefully processed fungi and mushrooms have been shown to help reduce allergy symptoms by boosting the body’s immune system response to allergens. Adults and adolescents can take up to 2 capsules a day, children can take one-half to one capsule per day.
Moderate to Severe Allergies:
- Albizia Complex: This herbal supplement can help reduce histamine release and support the body’s immune system to naturally reduce allergy symptoms. Relief is usually felt after a few weeks once the supplement is built up in the body. Adults can take 1-2 tablets up to 3 times a day, children can take quarter- or half-doses.
- Euphrasia Complex: This herbal formula can help reduce mucous formation, runny noses and watery eyes due to allergies. Adults can take 1-2 tablets up to 3 times a day as needed.
- Fen-Gre: This formula helps break up mucous and congestion and gets it moving out of the body. Adults can take 2 tablets up to 4 times a day. Children can take half-doses.
- Andrographis Complex: This supplement helps to strengthen the body’s immune system and has potent antibacterial properties. Adults can take 1-2 tablets up to 4 times a day. Children can take quarter- to half-doses.
- Golden Seal 500mg: This natural herb can help restore the mucous membranes in the sinus, upper respiratory and GI tracts. It also has potent microbial properties. Adults can take 1 tablet up to 3 times a day, children can take quarter- to half-doses.
Homemade Nasal Irrigation Recipe:
Mix the following ingredients in a Neti pot or other clean, sterile container and flush the sinuses with it up to 2-3 times a day. Make a fresh batch for each use. (Do not use if allergic to any of the ingredients)
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ml Albizia
- 1 ml Eyebright (over-the-counter herb)
- 1 ml Golden Seal
Do You Experience Allergies Year-Round?
If so, there may be more at work in your body than seasonal allergies. Food allergies and sensitivities can compound airborne allergic reactions, keeping the body in a constant, elevated immune state. Talk to your doctor about whether you may want to eliminate certain common food allergens such as wheat/gluten, dairy, eggs and soy from your diet for a few weeks to see if your symptoms diminish or go away.
Come See Us!
Contact us to learn more about Ashburn Family Chiropractic’s Standard Process Purification and Cleansing Program, or other ways our treatments may be able to help you.
In addition, please “Like” us on Facebook, to keep up with news and events and see interesting articles on health and wellness.
We also appreciate our clients who leave a review of our practice on Facebook or Yelp—and, for every review left, you earn a FREE footbath or roller table!